Do you like to fish? Then you probably know that fishing is more than just trying to catch something. Fishing is a great way to enjoy the outdoors! The best fishermen work hard on their skills, learn about the fish they are after, and get to know the natural world in general.
Next time you go fishing, think about these ideas to add fun to your trip and to help improve your chances for success:
- Combine fishing with a hike. You can explore along the way and find some great spots that others have missed.
- Try fishing at dawn and dusk when most fish are active.
- Learn the types of habitat and water temperatures that fish like. Each species is different.
- Fish near "structure"... spots like rocky points, weeds, dead trees and docks.
- Be a good observer. By watching quietly, you can often see where and what fish are eating. You may also see some amazing sights from pond dwellers like beaver, turtles, and water birds.
Use the clues below to fill in the "fishy" words going across the page. Get them all, and the shaded boxes going down the page will tell you who is biting today