- The SeismoGraf, SeismoView, and GPSgraf software will turn a Macintosh G3 or G4 computer into a state-of-the-art digital seismograph.
- Features "real-time all-the-time" data sharing via the web server that is part of the Macintosh system MacOS 8.X (assumes that the Mac is connected to the internet).
- Uses the standard "off-the-shelf" A-to-D boards from National Instruments to connect the seismometer to the Macintosh.
- Uses inexpensive hand-held GPS receivers for absolute time reference.
- Can use many different seismometers (including three-component seismometers), but software is designed to make full use of the inexpensive EAI S-102 broad-band seismometer.
- The web-distributed seismograms are in ASCII format (the "AH" format, a standard seismological format), you can either use SeismoView to read in these seismograms, or directly load them into a spreadsheet and graphing program for further analysis and plotting.
Last update March 10, 2003
Ohio Seismic Network http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/OhioSeis