Public Recreational Areas near Beaver Creek State Forest
Use ODNR's Recreational Areas by County Map to locate State Parks, Nature Preserves, Boating Areas, and public hunting and fishing areas near Beaver Creek State Forest.
Public Hunting, Access and Visitor Information
For more than twenty years, the Ohio DNR has been acquiring land from willing sellers and securing conservation easements in the area surrounding the Little Beaver Creek. In 1998, Ohio DNR acquired an additional 1,122 acres east of Grimm’s Bridge near Calcutta, Ohio.
Those of you who live in or are familiar with the area know of its attributes and the demand for trail riding, hiking, hunting, and other outdoor activities. The need for accommodating diverse outdoor recreation coupled with the protection of the unique resource was a primary factor in establishing Ohio’s 20th State Forest under the multiple use management philosophy of the ODNR Division of Forestry.
Boundaries are marked in yellow paint, and/or as yellow posts along the State Forest property lines to assist recreationist in the area. Forest visitors are asked to respect adjacent landowners and not trespass on adjacent, private property.
Fishing, hunting, and hiking are welcomed activities in Beaver Creek State Forest, and visitors will be impressed with the natural beauty of its waterways. Abundant fish populations, plentiful wildlife, and the occasional glimpse of a majestic Bald Eagle will greet those exploring the woodlands of the Little Beaver Creek Watershed and Beaver Creek State Forest.
General Forest Rules
- Beaver Creek State Forest is open daily between the hours of 6:00 am and 11:00 pm. Legal hunters may be present during other hours.
- Public display or consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- Disturbance, defacement, or destruction of any structures, property, natural feature, tree, shrub or wildflower is prohibited. Berries, nuts and mushrooms may be gathered and removed except from tree seed orchards or posted areas.
- Discharge of any firearm within 400 feet of any structure or to shoot on, from, or across any roadway or driveway is prohibited.
- Discharge of any firearm except, during legal hunting seasons, is prohibited.
- Use of APV's or horse riding within Beaver Creek State Forest is prohibited.
- Camping is not permitted anywhere on Beaver Creek State Forest.
- The operation of motor vehicles is not permitted off designated roadways.
- General visitation guidelines