DRAWING TO BE HELD FOR CONTROLLED YOUTH DEER HUNT
COLUMBUS, OH – The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Division of Wildlife will be conducting a drawing for a special youth deer hunt to be held on Transportation Research Center, Inc. (TRC) managed property in southern Logan County during the 2008 Youth Deer Gun Season (November 22 and 23, 2008).
Young hunters 17 years old and younger and who are accompanied by a non-hunting adult may take one deer of either sex during this hunt. All deer (including antlered deer) taken by youth hunters at TRC will count towards their zone and unit bag limits. One youth hunter must be accompanied by one non-hunting adult. As is true for all Division of Wildlife Controlled Hunts, Antlerless Deer Permits will be valid for this hunt.
Approximately 1,500 acres of the TRC managed land will be open for this controlled deer hunt. In order to participate in the drawing, a fully licensed adult hunter should:
• Send a postcard no larger than 4” x 6” addressed to:
ODNR DIVISION OF WILDLIFE
TRC YOUTH DEER HUNT
1500 DUBLIN RD.
COLUMBUS, OH 43215
• It is not necessary to include the name of the youth hunter on the postcard. However, all youth hunters must possess a valid 2008 Ohio Hunting License and Deer Permit (and/or applicable Apprentice Licenses) in order to participate in the youth hunt on TRC property.
• All postcards must include the clearly printed name & address of the fully licensed non-hunting adult, along with the last 6 digits of the Transaction # listed on their 2008 Ohio Deer Permit
• All postcards must be received at the Wildlife District One office by 5:00 PM on Friday, October 24th, 2008.
• Only one postcard may be submitted per fully licensed non-hunting adult. Those submitting more than one postcard will be disqualified.
A random drawing will be held at the Division of Wildlife’s District One Office. Successful applicants will be notified by mail during the first week of November. Each hunter will be assigned to one specific hunting day and hunting unit within the TRC managed property.
All hunters must abide by all rules and regulations that apply to the Statewide Youth Deer Gun Season, as well as any additional rules that are assigned to this special youth hunt.