For Immediate Release
Feb. 8, 2013
Public Invited to Comment on 2013-2014 Hunting Season Proposals
Input also accepted online at wildohio.com
COLUMBUS, OH – The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) will seek public comments regarding the 2013-2014 hunting seasons. During these sessions, which will be held Saturday, March 2, from 12-3 p.m., input concerning proposed hunting season dates, bag limits and rule changes will be accepted. Comments dealing with white-tailed deer and wild turkey seasons will also be welcomed.
These events are open to the public. Anyone interested in providing input and participating in Ohio’s professional wildlife management process is welcome. ODNR Division of Wildlife biologists and law enforcement officers will be available to answer questions and receive comments.
People who are not able to attend an open house at one of the seven locations can provide input online. Comments are accepted through March 2 at wildohio.com. Click on Open House Comments to submit a response.
Public input gathered at these open houses and through the online form will be considered during the formulation of regulations. For more information or directions to the open houses, visit wildohio.com or call 800-WILDLIFE (945-3543).
Open house location information for March 2:
• Central Ohio: Wildlife District One office, 1500 Dublin Road, Columbus 43215; 614-644-3925;
• Northwest Ohio: Wildlife District Two office, 952 Lima Avenue, Findlay 45840; 419-424-5000;
• Northeast Ohio: Wildlife District Three office, 912 Portage Lakes Drive, Akron 44319; 330-644-2293;
• Southeast Ohio: Wildlife District Four office, 360 E. State Street, Athens 45701; 740-589-9930;
• Southwest Ohio: Greene County Fish and Game, 1538 Union Road, Xenia 45385; 937-372-9261;
• Lake Erie (east): Fairport Fisheries office, 1190 High Street, Fairport Harbor 44077; 440-352-4199; and
• Lake Erie (west): Old Woman Creek office, 2514 Cleveland Road E., Huron 44839; 419-433-7599.
A statewide hearing on proposed rules will be held on Thursday, March 7, at 9 a.m. at the ODNR Division of Wildlife’s District One office. This hearing is open to the public, and comments on the proposed rules will be accepted.
After considering public input, the Ohio Wildlife Council will vote on the proposed rules during its April 17 meeting. Council meetings are open to the public, but there is no opportunity on the agenda for public comment. Questions will be allowed and responded to once the meeting adjourns.
ODNR ensures a balance between wise use and protection of our natural resources for the benefit of all. Visit the ODNR website at ohiodnr.com.
- 30 -
For more information, contact:
Vicki Ervin, ODNR Division of Wildlife
Jason Fallon, ODNR Office of Communications