FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 21, 2011
Photo Competition to Determine Winning Image on 2012 Wildlife Stamp
Photos accepted my mail between August 15-26
COLUMBUS, OH – The 3rd Annual Ohio Wildlife Legacy Stamp photo contest is underway, challenging resident photographers to enter their best snapshots of a native salamander. The winning photograph will be featured on the third Ohio Wildlife Legacy Stamp to be issued March 1, 2012.
The contest is open to Ohio residents, ages 18 years and older; one cash prize will be awarded to the winning photographer. Young photographers, age 17 and under, also are encouraged to submit their photographs of these vernal pool inhabitants. The winner in this category will receive Web and print recognition.
The $15 Ohio Wildlife Legacy Stamp will be available for purchase online March 1, 2012 at wildohio.com. By purchasing the stamp, you will be supporting restoration of endangered and threatened wildlife species, research projects, land purchases and conservation easements, and educational products for students and wildlife enthusiasts.
“The Legacy Stamp is a great way for anyone who enjoys wildlife to make a direct investment in the future of Ohio’s diverse wildlife population,” said Dave Lane, chief of the Division of Wildlife.
Each year, a collectible stamp depicting a different animal will be issued to highlight the diversity of Ohio’s natural world. Last year, Sharon Cummings from Graytown won the 2nd annual contest with her photograph of an Eastern amberwing dragonfly.
Discover more about the stamp by visiting wildohiostamp.com or calling 1-800-WILDLIFE.
- Open to *Ohio residents, ages 18 years and older.
- One cash prize totaling $500 will be awarded to the winning photographer.
- Youths up to 17 years of age may submit photos for Web and magazine recognition.
- Photos must be submitted by mail to be eligible.
- Photo submissions will be accepted by mail between August 15 and August 26, 2011.
- Each photo must be accompanied by a completed entry form and $12 submission fee.
- Complete contest rules are available at wildohiostamp.com
- *Employees of the ODNR and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
Help Keep the Wild in Ohio and enter your best photo of a native salamander in this year’s Ohio Wildlife Legacy Stamp photo contest.
The ODNR ensures a balance between wise use and protection of our natural resources for the benefit of all. Visit the ODNR Web site at www.ohiodnr.com.
- 30 -